Tuesday, December 30, 2008

RAGOS

Gos

This is the story how my mother and my father have met. My Father has his first family back then. With four children. But then his wife was unfaithful. And his wife married another man and also bore children. My dad was left behind and he is working back then. He was working in Saudi Arabia as an architect. Working for about 20 years. When he was working there are so many gossips about his wife. He did not believe those gossips. But then he came back here in the Philippines. He found out that there is another child bore by his wife. So that event made the gossips true. And it is proven that the woman was really unfaithful. My dad was hurt at that time so he devoted all of his time in working so that he could forget what happened. But before that, after graduating from college. He taught architecture and fine arts students from all year levels in UNP (University of Northern Philippines) Vigan, Ilocos Sur. There he saw my mother (Isabel). My mother was only first year college at that time (year 1978). Taking up commerce. My father thought in UNP for the straight 5 years . Then has gone to Saudi for 2 years. Then he has came back again in Vigan and taught for 1 year as part-time. Then he had gone back again to Saudi for 14 years. But also coming back every six months (coming back in Vigan). That is for the first 6 years. But for the remaining years he came home here in San Fernando, La Union. But when he is in Saudi. My mother and my father are mailing each other. My mother was in Abu Dhabi at that time (they were mailing each other at that time because my mother and my father have met in UNP) And then they began to court each other. Then their feeling for each other deepens. Until such time that my father decided to marry my mother (it was also his choice because my mother passed the requirements or criteria of my dad. For choosing whom to marry. This criteria was to choose a woman who is not a stranger or is known by his children. So that there will be no conflict that will happen in the future. If the woman that he will marry is unknown) They married in the city hall of Manila. A civil wedding, because my father has no budget at that time (the reason why my father chose my mother is because my half brothers and half sisters knows my mother. Because both lives in the ancestral house in Vigan. Because the father of my father and the grandma of my half brother were siblings)
And the rest was history. Wenher-Bel Ancheta was already formed in the womb of my mother. It was then that we stayed in Aparri. But I am born here in San Fernando, La Union. We only stayed there for about 4 years. Then we came back here. That’s the story of how my father and my mother have met. And I am very thankful that god gave me the chance to live life.

No comments:

Post a Comment