Tuesday, December 30, 2008

UNKNOWN

Another unforgettable moment in my life was the recollection day in elementary, high school and 1st year college.
First I will share to you the Elementary recollection. It was when I was in grade 3. Before we had our first holy communion.
The retreat house was in Biday. With father Crispin Reyes. The air was fresh. Very suitable for the situations that will take place. It was really a wonderful day. And I came to know god better. We have done lots of activities together with my classmates at that time. Especially when we have finished confessing our sins to father Crispin. I feel very relieved at the moments after I have confessed. My body feels lighter. And I feel like my endorphin levels are rising (I am happy).

Second is the high school recollection. Held somewhere in a retreat house. Somewhere in Paringao. With Father Warlito Rabbon. It was also a great day. We came to know what god waned from us. We made activities like: problem sharing with our friends (Because Father Rabbon let us chose which group do we prefer. He lets friends be group mates to share their problems.)

We also learned a song with a dance step from Father Rabbon at that day. The lyrics goes like this (it sounds like a kindergarten song but it was fun, especially the dance step.)
“Daming palaka sa may sapa lumalangoy sila. Malaki ang mata, maliit ang paa, malakaas pang kumanta. Ogakgakgak ogakgakgak ogaligaligak. Ogakgakgak ogakgakgak ogaligaligak.”
Father Rabbon also discusses some of the common problems that teenagers like us encounters. It was eatly parenthood or abortion in some cases. He discusses to us the importance of staying away from evil (sex outside marriage).
We also had a short mass to give thanks to the lord for saving us from our sins. And he lets us write our wishes on a paper and put it in the basket.
Father Rabbon also played tape which is very touching. He let us close our eyes while listening. It was about a friend of mine (god). A friend who is very special. And is willing to wait for me. He even has done many sacrifices for me. And in return, I did not even acknowledge the good things he has done for me (it is true sometimes. When we are very busy. And cannot even go to church to say thanks to the lord.) And the climax of that recording was when my best friend (God) invites me to his house but then I never came (he was waiting for me to come. Wited long enough but still I never came).
That’s the story of our high school recollection.

The college recollection was held at the AVR (Audio Visual Room). At Lorma Colleges where I took up Bachelor of Science in Information Technology at the College of Computer Studies and Engineering. It was Bro. Gene Hortaleza who was very energetic and funny. He was the speaker. Most of the parts of the recollection are discussions. Discussions about love and lust. About God. About the 7 major sins. About early parenthood or abortion if you get engaged in sex at an early age. And abortion is a crime. We also have watched short films about the sacrifices of god for us (the crossing) and we were the reason why he gave his life. About hell (the letter from hell). The letter from hell was about two bestfriends. The other suddenly died. Then after few days the living bestfriend received a letter, a letter from hell. Sent by his bestfriend from the underworld. Blaminghis bestfriend because h never told him about hod. It was very terrifying. But the lesson there is you have to be good and influence others (good influence).
Bro. Hortaleza also sharehis life story. And it was very amazing that he came from being a very bad person. Doing all sorts of evil things. But he was changed because he has found god in his heart when he was at darkest part of his life (The reason behind this is that h was very close to death many times. But then he always survive. Because god is good. He always gives a second chance).

1 comment:

  1. my father calls me GakGak because of that song.. i used to sing that a lot back in kindergarten.. and now i was trying to search for the whole lyrics... i wish i still remember the tune...

    ReplyDelete